Angel MedFlight Expands Options for Transplant Patients
Organ transplants save lives, but some patients can wait for years for a match. Some families are even forced to relocate to be close to a transplant center. Angel MedFlight is dedicated to expanding the options for organ transplant patients by providing safe, long-distance air medical transport solutions.
We work with patients and transplant professionals to develop comprehensive Transplant Travel Plans in advance to save valuable time when an organ is offered. Our in-house, patient advocacy team works with insurance companies to verify patients’ flight benefits and to pre-authorize transplant flights when possible, minimizing patients’ out-of-pocket expenses.
With access to a fleet of medically-configured jets across the country, the Angel MedFlight team is ready to respond – day or night -- when a patient receives an organ offer. Our Transplant Flight Coordination Team handles all of the air and ground logistics to ensure patients arrive safe and on-time for their life-saving surgery.
ALL OF US
WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL MISSION
Increasing Accessibility, Enhancing Quality of Life
Medical flights increase patient access to transplant centers located beyond a reasonable driving range, allowing patients to remain comfortable at home until an organ is available. By including an air ambulance in their Transplant Travel Plan, patients…
- can be listed at multiple transplant centers, increasing the possibility for an organ match
- may be able to maintain their existing home life, even if it’s hundreds of miles from their Transplant Center
- have a safe, sterile alternative to commercial air travel which can expose patients to illness, potentially compromising a transplant opportunity
- can have a family member or companion accompany them on the flight
Angel MedFlight’s Organ Transplant Services
Working with patients either before and after they are listed for an organ transplant, Angel MedFlight’s Transplant Flight Coordination Team…
- is available 24/7 to answer questions or dispatch medical flights
- collaborates with patients and transplant center professionals to compile patient information and medical records necessary to prepare custom Transplant Travel Plans
- routinely communicates with patients while they are actively listed to confirm patient information is always current and accurate
- handles all of the air and ground logistics to ensure a seamless transfer
Patient Advocacy Team
Our patient advocacy team handles the entire insurance process, including benefit verifications and flight pre-authorization submissions. Angel MedFlight will even appeal flight benefit denials if necessary.
Clinical Expertise at 40,000 feet
Angel MedFlight partners with facilities in all 11 Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) Regions to ensure safe air medical transports for transplant patients. Angel Medflight’s Critical Care medical teams are experienced and highly-trained for transplant flights. Our clinicians remain at the patient’s side throughout the transfer. Visit SAFETY AND CARE to learn more about our award-winning medical teams.
United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
The non-profit system managing the nation's organ transplant system
Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN)
A network of healthcare professionals involved in the U.S. organ donation and transplantation system
Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
If you are interested in multi-listing, you can find and compare additional Transplant Centers
A nonprofit alliance of national organizations and state teams dedicated to increasing organ, eye and tissue donations across the country
A nonprofit health organization committed to improving the health and quality of life for patients and families affected by kidney disease through increased organ availability and disease prevention
Our Flight Coordinators Know That Every Moment Counts
When it comes to critical care patients, a moment can change everything.
No one understands that more than Angel MedFlight. That’s because every day our team works with case managers and families everywhere to help patients reach the life-changing treatment they need.